We want to install 60 new devices (Ubiquiti 2.4/5 GHZ Standard Wifi Antennas) to MAINTAIN and EXTENT our existing pilot project. Because we:
1. want stable services under very hot, rainy, humidly of various weather conditions and fluctuated electricity.
2. want to expand our services (intranet) to the local virtual learning system and local communication system (VOIP).
We started this pilot project to solve:
1. communication bearer among villages in Chin state and with international communities
2. inclusive informal education including knowledge and information sharing
This project will engage with local community:
1. to have knowledge, informal education including Human Rights, Women Rights, Child Rights, Democracy, Federalism, Laws and Constitution, Cultivation skills, Management skill, Child-centered learning methodology, English language, Vocational skills, Computer, Internet, Smartphone, Citizen journalist, Digital security, Facilitation, voter education, monitoring and evaluation skills, good governance, Update news and events, Information sharing.
2. to solve communication bearer among those 20 villages and with international communities
3. able to access and share updated news and information, report their needs to MPs, Media, and International communities
4. It will become the local version of Khan Academy in the future. We will add more value such like IP TV, streaming FM, Local Village telco network; we can also be Local Internet Services Provider. We can be International Institute by Virtual Learning System. As it is the pilot project, we can expand to the whole Chin state and others states and regions in Myanmar by using the same prototypes. We also have sustainable operation program to run local wireless network after post project.
5. During installation work, we also will train local young people on how the devices work, how to solve minor problems, how to use the services effectively.
The way in which projects are undertaken involves a sharing of ideas and information. Involvement in shared decision making and responsibility is central to achieving a positive outcome.
The work is carefully sequenced and designed in close consultation with the community so that efforts from everyone can be optimized. It is agreed that the ultimate outcome is to have a genuine and lasting impact on the lives of the people and their communities.
By working together in a participatory mode, we are able to understand what works best for the community. Continuing input from all the participants is essential to the success of the project.
Goal 1, Pre-survey/consultation result will lead to user experiences service and contents distribution. It will empower, equip with skills and knowledge its grant right to access information depending on their requirement.
Goal 2, Local web, chat, IVR and VOIP installation in a local server will solve communication bearer among those 20 villages and with international communities.
Goal 3, Updated news collection and localized download and upload sources will lead them to grant freedom of express and access. They can participate in policy development and implementation in governing mechanism by telling their own stories to policy makers, MPs, and international communities.
Goal 4, Open source and free software, such as moodle CMS installation will integrate media and technology into formal and non-formal education system and can access at their convenience time and location. Not only affordable but also expanding the process of learning beyond the classroom and across the lifespan.
Goal 5, Engaging with local communities will lead to sustainable development and grant local ownership of the project to look after and expanding the network and quality.